Mylee came down with a bad fever/cold this weekend and has been losing sleep over her constant coughing. So I put the humidifier in her room to help. I tried to put it fairly close so she could inhale the Vicks Vapour to soothe her breathing. The first night it helped, the next night she woke up screaming at 2am. I knew that it wasn't just a fever or cough that woke her up. I knew it was a hurt cry. She came running into my room holding her hand. Nothing I could do to soothe her. She kept screaming and she just kept saying owie hand. She cried even more when I tried to turn the light on to see what happened. She couldn't tell me what happened. After a few minutes these blister lines started forming. Then I knew it was a burn most likely caused by the humidifier. She wouldn't let me run it under cold water, put ice on it, blow on it or anything to make it feel better.
I can't figure it out though. There are 8 lines on her hand like she touched a grill or something. There is nothing remotely close to that same pattern on the humidifier that she could have touched. It is so bizarre. It can only be caused by the steam, but why the perfectly spaced lines? Deep down inside the humidifier where the steam comes out (no where close to where she can touch) there is an oval shape with 4 grill lines, but still doesn't match the pattern on her hand. I feel so horrible. (While I am typing this, a commercial came on saying to stay tuned for the news about how humidifiers can be dangerous for small children....maybe I needed to watch that a couple days ago). I was more concerned about the steam ruining the wood on the girls bunk beds and didn't even think about Mylee touching it. Her arm must have been hanging over the edge of her bed directly above the steam (for a few minutes before it woke her up). OUCH!
It comes in handy when making birthday invitations. Here's the one I made for Jaden's party last year for her "Rocker" party.
And here's the one I just made for Cody's upcoming Mario birthday party. Isn't Mario cute?!?!
(I like the paper doll cartridge she has.) These cards are beginner. I wish I had pictures to share of some really cute ones she has made. I wish I was more crafty.
Does anyone else feel like their kids fight NON-STOP? I think my kids are probably the worst ever. But when they do play nicely, I definitely take a minute to pull the camera out to take a picture so I can remember those few moments.
4 comments:
Oh that poor girl! That is so bizarre! Cute crafts!
poor girl! isn't it frustrating when you can't figure out HOW it happened? LOVE your girls tutus! those are DARLING
cute tutus!! love that picture. and oor my-my. things happen! she'll be fine soon i'm sure. but so weirdddd..
The Mario card turned out really cute!
Post a Comment