Friday, January 14, 2011

A Little Bit of Christmas

I gues this is more of a December re-cap...


The kids were all so excited to help with decorating the tree.
Mylee loved playing in the snow. She would even go out there by herself and play in the backyard. She loves to eat the snow but really, what kid doesn't?!?!?! Jeff's work Children's christmas party was fun as always. With a balloon artist, airbrushed tattoos, bouncy houses, face painting, delicious lunch, petting zoo...
...and a creepy looking Santa. When Santa walked in, I thought to myself..."really?!?! I thought Santa was supposed to be fat and jolly, not skinny and homely looking." The older kids thought he looked funny and MyMy was just excited to see Santa!
I had to add this picture of Mylee. She was dancing in front of the Christmas tree so I took a few shots of her.
Here's the kids on Christmas Sunday. Mylee was not happy.
We had a great Christmas with lots of family. It can be crazy trying to sqeeze as much as you can into a week, but it's always so much fun! We spent Christmas Eve at Jeff's parents house then went back to our house to sleep. It was pretty low key and not as crazy as in past years.


The Christmas Eve Jammies...
...opening presents
...the mess of Christmas morning. Nice and quiet at our own house!
Then off to my parents for some fun. For Christmas I put together a book for my parents (with the help of my siblings) about the cabin. It was such a simple gift but we got both of them crying. We built that cabin with our own hands and have been going there for 22 summers. We were able to capture so many years of memories in that book. Best gift EVER!
We had fun playing with our toys and with cousins.
Once again my whole family was in town for Christmas. Here's all the grandkids with grandma and grandpa.
We went to the church one day to play basketball, and play with some toys like remote control helicopters, scooters, and bikes. We had a lot of fun. (This scooter we call the "pump scooter". Cody is coasting with both feet together but you put one foot on the back and one on the front and pump it up and down like a teeter-totter to make it go. They are fun!)
And we spent many hours playing Kinect. It's pretty fun as well. (And gets your heart going...may become my morning routine/exercise).
(Ignore the messy house)


I got a new Canon SLR camera in November as a bithday/christmas present and I had a lot of fun snapping TONS of pictures. I just need to learn how to use it now!!! I took so many pictures it was hard to go through them and decide which ones I wanted to put on here.

2 comments:

Julie said...

i love that picture of mylee in the little tutu. it's gorgeous!

Oler Family said...

seriously, is there such thing as a santa that isn't creepy...and if that's messy (your house) you are never allowed in mine haha!! we miss you guys!