This took me a couple months to do because I worked on it in my dad's huge heated workshop instead of my freezing cold garage. Therefore I only worked on it every so often when I had enough time when I was across the city at their house. This hutch was once in my grandparents house. When they passed away a few years ago, my mom kept it and wanted to strip it and refinish it. It was a lot of work to strip it (never finished it) and then they moved into her new house and she decided she didn't want it. Neither did anyone else. So I decided to take on the project. Here's the before with the hardware already taken off and the bottom portion has been stripped a little bit already. 
When everyone saw that I was going to paint this oak cabinet instead of stripping it and staining it, they were mad at me for ruining that nice wood. Oh well...no one else wanted it! So here's the finished product. Nothing too fancy, but gives me a little extra cupboard space. Now I gotta find something nice to put on the shelves. It is supposed to have glass that slides to close up the shelves, but it broke. I'm not sure if I am going to replace the glass. I kinda like it open. Now I need to find something nice to put on the shelves!!!
7 comments:
I think it looks great! good job!
Great job allaina. It's so funny how everyone thinks painting wood is so horrible hey? I love the hardware you picked.
Wow, that looks really good! I know who to call now when i get ready for a similar project :)
yep looks good, and you can't beat the hand me down.
holy cow, i love it!!! yes i agree the hardware definitely makes the piece. where is it from?
looks awesome! i think that is sort of the new trend with hutches is to leave them without the glass? I LOVE the color! It is also funny how ppl the generation older than us can't stand the sight of painting wood...when it's all the rage! hahah. I just refinished a table that I refused to keep the old golden 80's color...but the whole time felt like someone was going to bust in and yell at me! hahaha
Looks great Allaina. I too really like the knobs you picked out. You have great taste!
Post a Comment