For September long weekend we went camping with my brother and sister's families in Waterton. It was really windy and the weather wasn't super nice, but nice enough to be outside all day. We had a lot of fun. We rented one of the famous canopy bikes (which I didn't get a picture of), played at the park and had a picnic, looked at Cameron Falls and saw a deer drinking out of the river.
Then the dads (who were exhausted from mountain biking) took the smaller kids back to the campground while the mom's and older girls hiked bears hump. I was very impressed with Jaden. She didn't once complain about the hike. We took plenty of rests along the way and drank lots of water and made it to the top fairly quickly.
It was so windy on top that I even lost my footing once or twice with a gust of wind. Needless to say I was quite nervous when these girls stepped right up to the edge to have a look.
Back at the campground the little boys built a ramp to ride their bikes on. That was probably their highlight!!!
Cody had his first day of Kindergarten! With him being my shy guy I thought for sure he was going to be hesitant and nervous to go to school but he was so excited! He was still super quiet and when his teacher asked him questions he hardly said anything but he is liking it so far. He is a February birthday so he could have been in kindergarten last year but I wanted him to be the oldest of his class rather than the youngest. Best decision I ever made.
When I saw the class list and told Cody that there was no one in his class that he knew, I thought he would be sad...but there were no complaints from him!
And Jaden was excited to get back and be with her friends. Her and her best friend on our street are in the same class again. I hope that is a good thing and not a pain in the butt for their teacher!!! At parent teacher conferences I asked about that and her teacher said they have to get separated quite often. She's my social girl!
The kids are excited the new school is open because now they can ride their bikes to school! I would rather ride bikes because it so insanely crazy with all those cars of parents dropping off their kids. So far the weather hasn't cooperated very much for bike riding but here's to hoping we have a bit of nice weather in the future before it snows!
As soon as we got back from Waterton I decided it was time for Mylee to grow up. Her soother "broke" aka came in contact with a pair of scissors, and it has been a little tough to get her to go to sleep. She fights it normally but if she can just relax, she falls asleep quite quickly. So...I decided to go ahead and set up a big girl bed...and it is a big girl bed! (A queen bed!) We set it up and then went to the basement to do something. We heard her screaming and I thought she was hurt so I went upstairs to see what happened. She was screaming with JOY, jumping on the bed! She was so EXCITED!
The first night Jeff laid with her for a bit and then she lay in there and talked and kicked the wall for quite a bit, then fell asleep. The next night Jaden and her had a sleepover. They stayed up too late goofing off and then woke up earlier than they do on school nights. So I said never again! Then the last 3 nights I have read her stories in her bed and then said good night. I left her crib in her room as a bribe. I tell her if she comes out of bed she is going to get put in her crib (which she still hasn't tried to climb out of). She hasn't come out of her bed once in almost a week! She does insist on having the light on while she falls asleep. She lays in bed singing and looking at stories and then all of a sudden it is quiet and she is asleep. Last night I went to go check on her and turn her light off and I couldn't find her. She wasn't in her bed, or on the floor. She had climbed INTO her crib and was curled up fast asleep. She is so funny!
And lastly, LILY is HOME!!! They came home on Labor Day. She is doing really well and healing like a champ from her surgery. She has to have two more open heart surgeries, one at 4-6 months, and another at 2-4 years. She is just so perfect it is hard to believe she went through open heart surgery (besides her little scar on her chest). The kids were so excited to FINALLY get to see her and hold her. Mylee sings songs about baby Lily all the time. It is so adorable.
6 comments:
Waterton is ALWAYS windy! Makes for good wedding photos though ;)
So glad Lily is home and doing well.
Mylee is adorable! haha Too funny about her getting in her crib! So glad to hear Lily is home, hope things go well from here on out!
Good to hear what you've been up to Allaina!! Your kids are getting so grown up. I love the updates on the little ones and how much they grow and change and become so independent. It almost breaks your heart a little as the baby hits those milestones. Seth is starting to talk and he is so much fun. I just love every inch of him. Life is busy for me too, but it is so good.
Love ya
That is exactly what I need for Ethan.....a queen size bed!! Haha, oh well, at least he doesn't fall out nearly as often now. Justin just started Kindergarten too and he is already tired of it. It might be a long year. :) We are glad to hear that Lily is home and hope everything continues to go well for her.
oh glad to hear lily is home and doing well!! i love stories of mylee, and I loved having a february birthday and being the oldest...especially when I was taller then a lot of people (in elementary) and when I got my driver's licence before everyone!
oh glad to hear lily is home and doing well!! i love stories of mylee, and I loved having a february birthday and being the oldest...especially when I was taller then a lot of people (in elementary) and when I got my driver's licence before everyone!
Post a Comment