You want an update? Here's what we have been up to lately...
On September 25th, the Tyrell Museum was celebrating their 25th anniversary. So we took a day trip to Drumheller to go to the museum. It sure has changed from the last time I was there in high school, 16 years ago! They have made it really nice. And the best part, they had FREE admission that day!!!
I called my sister at 8:30am that morning and told her that is what we were doing and by 9:00am we were on the road. I am glad that they tagged along! Our kids always get along so well and it was nice to have Kailey there because Mylee is her little shadow!
(I love how Mylee and Jordan are holding hands)
They had slides, hay jumping, wagon rides,
horse swings, a tree maze,
a corn maze,
this big bouncy bubble thing (I don't know what to call it).
and pedal bikes. We also ran into the Woodruff family while we were there.
I have also been busy going on field trips with my kids classes. Jaden's class went out to the Leighton Art Centre. The scenery was breath taking with all the beautiful fall colors and the view of the mountains was gorgeous. It turned out to be a beautiful day..JPG)
Then I got to go with Cody's class for a nature walk around the pond in our community. This is the tree they are "adopting" this year. They are going to visit each season and sketch the changes throughout the year. Again, it was another beautiful day.
I organized a "BIG COOK" with 3 friends where we spent a day and we each came home with 28 freezer meals. We have eaten 3 so far and they have all been delicious. I hope the girls enjoyed themselves as much as I did and will want to do it again with me in a few months (or whenever our meals are gone).
Also, my cousin owns a bike shop in Utah and was making a trip up here so he offered to bring stuff up for us if we were interested. The funny thing was that Jeff and I were just talking about getting new bikes so we can go on family bike rides. So we took him up on his offer. Jeff and I each ordered a bike (probably a lot nicer than I need). We got them on Friday and the next day the kids wanted to go riding (even though it was only 6 degrees out). So we bundled up with our gloves and jackets. Once we got riding and the kids wanted to go down the big hill to the river, so we rode all the way to Sikome lake. When we got there, the kids said they wanted to ride all the way to Grandma's house in Midnapore...so we kept going. They rode the entire way, no complaints (even when we had to go up the big hill on the other side of the river), and hardly any breaks. I couldn't believe it. Jaden and Cody need new/bigger bikes badly so poor Cody on his little bike was pedaling so fast, and was hardly going anywhere. He tried to race us and was keeping up just fine, but I have never seen little legs pedal so fast...for probably an hour straight (did I mention on a bike too small for him)! The kids enjoyed the family time we had together and kept commenting how much fun they were having. (Mylee just slept the whole way in the bike stroller!) We didn't have a cell phone with us so I was praying Grandma would be home to give us a ride back to our house so the kids didn't have to ride back. Thank goodness they were home, so Jeff and I rode our bikes (and an empty stroller) back home, and then drove back to pick up the kids and their bikes. I'm thinking these bikes were definitely a good family investment! We can't wait to do it again next weekend!!!
7 comments:
That is something Rob and I want to get when we are back in Calgary....bikes! That sounds like a lot of fun!
Loved this post.
1st- love drumheller especially on it's free days (i think family day is free too...)
2nd- love doing the whole freezer meal thing! I need to get on it.
3rd- bikes for the whole fam would be a blast! good way to tire them out too ;)
WOW, ALLAINA!!! That is a serious bike ride!! Your fall pictures are beautiful. Miss you guys.
Cody was still talking about the bike ride the other day, oh wait so were you ha ha. Seriously that is some great family fun. I need to see your ride. YOu and Jaden look so cute
I'm so glad you are enjoying your bikes and enjoying what is left of nice weather. Speaking of bikes, I heard a great joke the other day.
Why couldn't the bike stand up on his own? He was two tired.
Hee hee. I can totally picture Cody's little legs going 100 miles per minute. Kids are so great!
You've been busy! What all did you make to freeze?
Post a Comment