Jeff and I went to the Phantom of the Opera last night and it was fabulous! We've both seen it before but I was pretty young, so I got more out of it this time. I love how the scenery changes right before your eyes. Do the people in that play ever get a break? If you think about it, they have it playing in Calgary for almost a whole month, every night. Then they probably get a bit of a break between take down and set up at the next city, but they are probably so sick of living out of a suitcase in a hotel. While we were waiting for the Phantom to start I was reading through the brocure and there was an add for the play Aladdin staring Brett "The Hitman" Hart! He couldn't make it as a wrestler, or a substitute teacher, so now he is in a musical play?!? Weird! It would be fun to see though! Anyways, it was good to get out of the house with no kids. We don't get babysitters very often so I rather enjoyed spending time with just Jeff.It's been a busy week this week. My sister from Utah came up so I have driven over to my parents side of the city almost every day this week to hand out with them. We went to Calaway Park a couple times and it was hilarious to see her little boy who is 2 1/2 go on the little roller coaster. He would hang on for dear life and then every so often he would put his hands in the air for a quick scream. I wish we had the video camera.
Our van has been in getting some work on it for like two weeks now. With gas prices sky rocketing I'm sure glad we borrowed Jeff's parents Jag which takes premium gas and my parents V8 Jeep that guzzles gas. And all the city travelling I've been doing the last couple of weeks adds up. I can't afford to drive anywhere anymore! I'll be glad to get our van back which is supposed to be today but sometimes you can never trust mechanics. They told us in the first place it wouldn't be more than a week.
Anyways, I'll post more when I get back from the cabin!!! Should be an exciting busy trip with the whole family!
1 comment:
Sounds like fun you guys are having! Have a great time at the cabin. I hope you have your van back now! I know gas is NUTS!!!!!
Post a Comment