Tuesday, December 08, 2009

All Caught Up!

By all caught up I definitely do not mean caught up in the blogging department. I am proud to say that I am FINALLY all caught up in my transcription work. I have had the busiest month EVER. I feel like November lasted a weekend because it came and went so fast. I went through pictures on my camera and I am sad to say that I only took a couple pictures for the whole month of November.

This was where Mylee was so sad because we had to wash her blanket. She stood beside the washing machine and watched it spin around and around. Then when it was ready for the dryer she was sad again that she couldn't have it quite yet. When we pulled it out of the dryer all nice and warm she was as happy as a kid on Christmas morning.


So here's a recap of November...

I last posted on Jeff's birthday where he went shooting his guns at the shooting range and ended up getting stitches. Then it was my birthday, we went out for dinner and kept it pretty low key. The next weekend (and this is part of why I have been SO busy on top of my typing), being Young Women's president I really felt inspired to have an activity to unite our girls together. We planned a slumber party where the girls came at 3pm and starting at 3:30pm Friday afternoon, we had a minute-by-minute schedule and we read the ENTIRE Book of Mormon in a day and a half. It was amazing. We stopped reading by about 11:45pm and then we were up at 7am to start reading by 7:30am and we finished reading at about 9:40pm on Saturday. We read for a bit, listened to it on my ipod while we ate meals, we listened to one of my councelors read REALLY FAST to keep us on schedule, and we had cameo's come in and summarize some stories. On Sunday during Young Women's we watched Jeffrey R. Holland's talk that he gave in our most recent General Conference titled Safety for the Soul. If you did not read or watch that talk, you have to. Actually, it is one that you have to watch. It is a very powerful testimony of the Book of Mormon. It was definitely a very nice finishing touch to our weekend. (If you would like to watch it, click HERE, scroll down to Sunday Afternoon Session and it is the first talk). We helped the girls gain testimonies of the Book of Mormon, pass off their Virtue goal, as well as accomplish our goal of uniting the girls. I feel like after that weekend the girls are pretty good friends and they get along much better. It was such an accomplishment and I am so glad I had the opportunity to be a part of that weekend!

To top off my busy month, Jeff had a hunting weekend planned with a few friends. He had a lot of fun and it has now turned into an annual thing. They are already planning the next one for next deer season. Jeff was 99% sure they were going to come home with a deer. I was laughing at him because you always hear stories of going hunting and coming home with nothing. So I definitely thought his hopes were set really high. They were all ROOKIES, and had never been hunting for deer before. They left at 5am and by 9:30am they got their first one. The three of them came home with two deer. I sure hope he is not planning on stocking up our freezer with deer meat. I still have a cow in there that we have had for over a year now.

So far, December is still going by quickly and before we know it Christmas will have come and gone, but it is going at a more reasonable speed because I do not have that stress of being behind in my typing and I can enjoy the Christmas season. During all that November chaos, I did manage to sneek away and get my Christmas shopping ALL done, all in a couple of evenings. I love how that stress is gone too! Jeff has been around A LOT so far this month. He had last Monday off (Nov. 30th) and then Tuesday he had to travel to Edmonton for work. When he got off the plane he had a fever and chills so he didn't go into work Wednesday. That afternoon his boss called him and told him not to come in Thursday just to make sure he didn't have H1N1. He felt FINE, he just had a 24-hour stomach flu. Threw up a few times and felt better. Thursday afternoon I took Mylee to get her 18-month shots (which by the way, she is in nursery now), went out for lunch with Susie while Jeff watched all of our kids, and then I went to get my hair cut. His boss called him Thursday to see how he was doing and said don't come in Friday either because then he has the weekend to get better before he comes in on Monday. He told him he was fine but they insisted he don't come in to work. So, he worked 1 day last week. He had some holidays he had to use up before the end of the year so he is taking those off this week (as he has to be in the office during Christmas because other people already had it booked off). So he works two days this week and is off the rest of the week. SWEET! It has been nice to have him around but at the same time I feel like I cannot accomplish the same things that I usually do with him around. I don't know why that is.

Now I just get to relax (and stay caught up in my typing), and enjoy all the Christmas parties that are happening the next few weekends. I am really looking forward to Christmas. My whole entire family will be around for Christmas AND, we just helped my parents move into their new house in Elbow Valley last weekend so we get to celebrate in a brand new house that can actually fit ALL 24 of us!!!

If I do not blog until after Christmas it is because I am too busy relaxing and enjoying doing NOTHING!!!!

2 comments:

Carla McDaniel said...

We should all relax and enjoy doing NOTHING!!!! Good for you.

Kat said...

That is funny, I love it when Caleb gets days off but I feel the smae as you, I never get the things done I need to do when he is around:)
Merry Christmas!