Sunday, January 03, 2010

Holiday Update

So another year has gone by and I once again did not send out my Christmas letter/card. I figured all the people that I would send my cards to have blogs and get regular updates rather than a yearly update! So, IF I did get around to doing Christmas cards this would have been the picture I would have included. Thanks again to Susie who snapped a few shots of our family.

Here's a look at what we did over the holidays:
We went to our ward party to see Santa. All the kids loved him. Mylee was a little hesitant but she saw that he was handing out candy and she wanted to get her hands on the candy so she went ahead and sat on his lap.
Then we saw Santa again at Jeff's work Children's Christmas party. They had bouncy houses, balloon artists, face painting, characatures, and lunch. It was on a freezing cold day and there was supposed to be a petting zoo and sleigh rides but they didn't want to bring the animals out in the cold.
Then for Jaden's school concert they told the story of the Grinch so all the kids had the option of dressing up like a Who and having a "Who-do". So here is Jaden's Cindy Lou Who hair Do!!! She loved it and loved the attention that all her friends at school gave her wondering how she got her hair to stand up like that!
We went to zoo lights one night with the Madigan's and the Tilleman's.
We finally got to meet baby Tripp. We were really slow at getting around to see him because kids were borderline sick and we didn't want to be close to him with illnesses. Mylee LOVED Tripp and would not let me take him away even though he was a little fussy. She just hugged and kissed him and loved to feel his soft skin against her cheek.
We spent Christmas Eve at my mom's house as my WHOLE entire family was there. We got to spend it in my parents new house so there was plenty of room to sleep us all. We went to the Pagent, and had lots of yummy food. Then when the kids went to bed the adults played "Deal or No Deal" as couples and my parents gave us the amount we ended up with in cash. The money value went between $0 and $125. We ended up with $43, my sister with $75, my other two siblings $35, and then my other brother $0. So my mom felt bad and averaged it and we all ended up with the same amount. It was a lot of fun. I couldn't imagine the suspense if there were actually $1,000,000 at stake. If Jeff and I would have gone to the end, the last two cases held $0 and $125. Our case ended up having $0 in it so I am glad we ended up stopping where we did.
Anyways, here's all the grandkids in their new PJ's.
Here's my kids on Christmas morning. They were all really happy and I love watching the excitement on their faces on Christmas morning.
We went toboganning...
...and skating. This was Cody's first time on skates and he did really well.
Then we attempted some family pictures with my whole family. I don't have any copies of them but my brother sent me this pictures of Mylee. She was hilarious. She had found someone's bubble gum right before pictures so instead of taking it away from her and having her cry in the pictures we let her chew the gum. She was standing there chomping away at her gum and smiling. She was so happy to be chewing this huge wad of bubble gum!



We had a very busy, fun-filled, Christmas holidays. I am sad that it is over and I am not quite ready to get back in to the routine of school again. I have been enjoying sleeping in to 8:30 or 9:00 every morning...it's going to be hard to get up at 7 in a couple days.

6 comments:

Carla McDaniel said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful holiday.
Love Jaden's Who Hair do!!! She looks great!!!!! :)
Happy New Year to you and your family

CGibb said...

I love Jaden's "Who" hair! You did a great job. Also, it doesn't look like Tripp is quite as excited as Mylee in your picture. Christmas was great... love the pics.

Brian and Emily said...

I love your family picture Allaina, it is so cute! The kids are growing up so fast. I love Jaden's hair, that is amazing, she looks so cute. (What is the secret, wire?) Glad you had a wonderful Christmas. I feel the same about it being over, wish time could just slow down at Christmas. I am sorry I didn't call you back the other night. I ended up getting sick on the way home, with the flu, so even though I would have loved to puck in your bathroom instead of the Claresholm nasty one, I figured t hat was the last Christmas present your family needed from me! We'll get together soon. I'll call you when I come up again. I must say though, Calgary has changed so much since MRC days, I think I am definitely a country girl.

Brian and Emily said...

I am tired....I think I meant puke! Nice, I know!

Susie said...

please stop inviting Sadie & I to your outdoor activities she is a pooper! ha ha or is it me? I'm loving mylee's pic and the who hair, I'm dreaming of that one day.

Christy said...

Her Who-Hair WAS adorable and how DID you get it to do that?
Looks like fun holidays!