Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happenings the last little while...

I finally had Cody's first friend's birthday party. We planned it on such short notice that a lot of little boys he wanted to invite were unable to come but he still had a lot of fun. He had a pirate party. Since I already made him a cake for his family party, I didn't feel like decorating another one for this party. So I just made cupcakes with black icing and then I found these rubber pirate rings that I put in each cupcake. The kids liked it because then they had a ring to take home afterwards.
We did a little pirate craft where each boy made their own pirate hat and decorated it. Then they each got swords and eye patches to become "real" pirates! I made a big skull and cross bones picture and we played pin the eye patch on the pirate.
We also played musical pass the present and the limbo. Then we did a treasure hunt and followed the clues around the house to find the treasure chest pinata. We had a little bit of extra time so we read the story "Pirates Don't Change Diapers". There are parts where the pirates repeat what the captain says so we made all the kids yell out the pirate part. It was so fun to watch them get into the story.

I had to put this picture on. Look at Cody's expression. His buddy Jordan gave him a pirate ship kite. I guess he was really excited!
Jaden is my little helper. The other day I was in the middle of doing something so Jaden helped me out by feeding Mylee. I wouldn't say it was the neatest feeding, but it was a huge help to me. Of course I had time to snap a picture though!!!
Shortly after, I caught Mylee giving herself kisses on the dishwasher. Later I realized I had JUST cleaned the dishwasher with Windex. Oops! She seems to not be bothered by it!

I'm not sure which kid snuck my camera to take this picture but here's a puzzle Cody did all by himself. I guess maybe he was quite proud of himself so he took a picture of it. I would have to say it's not a bad picture for a 4-year-old!
Oh and Susie, your child is an artist. This is what she did for quite a while last night while you were out for birthday dinner. Good choice of colors and I don't think she colored outside of the lines!!!

4 comments:

The Bullknitter said...

I'm glad Susie found a sitter!

CGibb said...

Looks like Cody had a great birthday. I think I need a 5 year old to come help me out! Do you think Luke will be interested when I have my third?

Oler Family said...

What a fun party! You always throw the best birthday parties! That is so funny that Jaden can feed Mylee...I should give that one a shot!

Alysha Sladek said...

looks like a fun party. mylee is getting so big!