It is also about time I updated. A lot has happened....so beware, LONG update ahead.

My little buddy is 4 already. Although, he does look much older because he is so dang tall. He is wearing size 6 clothes and his feet are only a couple sizes smaller than his big sister (whose feet are big for her age as well). He is almost a head taller than all the kids his age. A lot of people ask me if I'm going to put him in Kindergarten next year. I hadn't even really entertained the thought because he would be on the VERY young end for his grade but on the other hand, he will be 2 heads taller than everyone else if I hold him back. What's worse?!?!? Plus I would rather him wait a year and start Kindergarten in the new Cranston school when it first opens.
So, our holiday....
We went to Seattle. Jeff's sister Rachelle lives there so we went for a little visit while Jaden was off school for Teacher's Convention. It is a 12 hour drive and we got there at about 8:00 Thursday evening last week. Seattle is beautiful. Rachelle actually lives in Issaquah which is about 20 minutes away from Seattle and her house backs on to a little forest. There was a bobcat that came into her backyard as we were eating breakfast one day. That would make me a little nervous with small children playing in the backyard, but the location was beautiful.
Friday we shopped at the outlet stores. Can you tell we got a particular shirt for a good deal?!? I didn't even know that Rachelle bought the same shirts until we got home. (Poor Jaden...the only granddaughter on the Hudson side until after the youngest boy in this picture, but she still had fun playing with the boys).


Another day we went to this place called Kidz Bounce. It is a big warehouse with all these bouncy houses and bouncy obstacle courses. The kids had a blast. It cost $6/kid to get in and it was well worth it. The kids were so worn out after that from bouncing and running around for an hour and a half. 
I even took Mylee down the slide. She didn't cry but I'm not sure if she loved it.

Mylee was just happy sitting and crawling around the floor (BTW, she officially started crawling a couple weeks ago and it is hilarious to watch. When she crawls on the hardwood or slippery surface, her little legs go faster than her arms and she looks like a puppy trying to take off on a slippery floor. She gets so excited to crawl that she grins from ear to ear while she does it).
On Monday we went to a big mall and went to eat at The Rainforest Cafe. If any of you have not been there, you should go. It is great for the kids. It is decorated like a rainforest. They have freshwater aquariums with tropical fish. They also have a section sitting with the monkeys, and a section by the elephants. This was at the entrance while we were waiting to sit down.
We sat in the monkey section. Every 15 minutes the monkeys come to life and shake the trees and make a lot of noise. The kids thought that was fantastic. Also, a lightening storm hits and all the lights go out with bright flashes and thunder. It's like you are in a real rainforest!!!
The elephants come to life as well and they stomp around and make noise. The kids want to go back and eat there again.
The last day we went into Seattle and went back to the Seattle Aquarium. It was pretty neat. This is a picture of Cody walking through the circle of jelly-fish. You can't really see them because they are transparent but they have lights that they swim by and it makes them glow. (They are on the right side down lower...they look like I had a spot on the lens of my camera). I had never seen a real jelly-fish before that day.
They have pools of starfish and you can touch them. There are also anemone's and when you touch them your finger kind of sticks to them as it trys to suck your finger in. They are really quite fascinating things. (I don't know what you would really call them...plants/animals/organisms).
They have tons of freshwater aquariums with all sorts of tropical fish...like Dory and Nemo!
We had a good trip and we are back into the routine of not having enough time in the day to catch up on all of our day-to-day things.
7 comments:
sounds like a great trip!! nice to see an update ;)
Love Seattle! It's a great place! Nice to see an update again! The kids are getting so big. Can you believe 4 and almost 6! Yikes feels like yesterday we were having our 1sts.
Looks like it was a fun trip, and so warm!!
love the cake.
Seattle sounds cool.
Sea anemone's are predatory animals related to jelly fish.
I would hardly call that a "little" trip. It looks like so much fun! Mylee looks so grown up front facing in the car. I love Cody's cake, you are so good at cake decorating!
Looks like you had fun! Quite a drive down there I'm sure. I'm a little jealous of the shopping. I'm dying to go down to the states. Im sure it was so nice to go somewhere with some warmer temperatures.
Sounds like so much fun...I love doing the whole zoo, aquarium thing somewhere new. You did a fantastic job on Cody's birthday cake! I love it!!!
Post a Comment