Mylee is now 8 months old (yesterday)! I can't believe how fast time flies. I know I say it all the time, but she truly is the happiest baby. I can leave her playing by herself in her room for an hour or so by herself. And she doesn't even have any toys in her room...just a book shelf full of books that she likes to pull off and play with. She is army crawling REALLY fast now so I'm just waiting for the hour that she decides to crawl on her knees. (At 8 months Cody had been crawling for 2 months already and I can't remember when Jaden started crawling...probably around 8 months). She has 5 teeth and is very curious about ANYTHING on the floor. She sleeps through the night consistently so I can't even complain about her sleeping anymore. What would life be like without Mylee in our family? She truly has been a dream baby. We snapped a picture of Mylee on her 8 month birthday (and we even managed to get a ponytail in what little hair she has!!! You have to really look because it blends in with the couch behind her.) 

She loves to clap. All I have to do is say YAAAAY, and she starts clapping. She loves to dance too. The other kids love to play music and Mylee gets really excited when she hears the music. She will sit there and swing her arms and kick her legs and clap to the music!
The other night for FHE we went over to a friends house who lives on Chaparral Lake for soup/hot chocolate and skating. Jaden put skates on (for the 2nd time in her life) and skated around for a bit with a little metal frame thingy that helps kids learn to skate, and then a little while later she pushes it away and just takes off skating all by herself. I was so impressed with her! She was out there ALL night. I had to go back out there and drag her in at 8:00 to have some supper. She wants to go skating again so badly!
Cody wouldn't put skates on but slid around on the ice in his boots. Apparently he slipped and hit his head on the ice. I was inside and he came in crying to me and he had a bit of a red bump on his head around his temple. Then he started acting really weird and saying that he couldn't see. There was another girl that was saying the same thing earlier so I thought maybe he was just copying her but he kept complaining about it all night, long after the other girl went home. He was really whinney too. I was a little worried that he had a concussion or something. His pupils were dilating and everything so I decided he was fine. After a few hours it was getting late and we went home to bed. I put him in bed with me so I could lay with him for a bit while Jeff was at basketball and he was fine. The next morning he remembered that he hit his head and couldn't see but he was completely fine. He must have just had a bad head ache.Cody also made me laugh pretty hard the other day. We were going to Costco to get our tires rotated on the van. It was pretty warm outside so he wanted to wear a vest. (Our last outing he wore Jaden's Aqua colored vest and he looked really funny, but this time he wanted to wear a boy vest). So I got his OLD winter coat out that the sleeves zip off and hood comes off. The vest was small but oh well, it didn't have sleeves! So as we head out to the van, Cody has his hoodie on with the hood on, then he had the other hood to the small coat overtop and then he also had the sleeves on, but not zipped up. He looked hilarious because there was a big space between the vest and the hood, and then it looked like he was wearing arm warmers that went from his hands to his elbows. Sorry if you can't picture it...it's hard to explain and you can't really see it too well in this picture.
I asked him if he was really going to go dressed like that and he said yes. He totally wore it the whole time around Costco! Young Women's is coming together. We are starting to get organized and things are pulling together quite nicely. I have to go to Ward Council bright and early on Sunday's and the other Sunday I set my alarm but forgot to turn it on. I woke up at 7:28 and I was supposed to be there at 7:30. I jumped out of bed, ran around panicking for a minute and then climbed back in bed because I realized I couldn't make it there in time. Later that night I got asked to speak in church. It sucks growing up and being good friends with the bishop! So to add to the chaos, I have to speak in church this Sunday. I think the stress will go away once I get that out of the way.
2 comments:
So a new calling eh? Are you in the Young Women Presidency in the Ward? You'll do great! Who is your bishop again? Mylee is so cute and growing like a weed....I am getting excited to meet my little one. Less than 7 weeks to go, hopefully.
Congratulation on your calling! it's a tough one..the hardest and the best that I've ever had. I'm sure you are amazing, they are so lucky to have you! It was fun to catch up on your family...I've kindof lost the zest for blogging but I'm working on a come back!! I can't believe Mylee is 8 months old!!
Post a Comment