Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wow...

...I've been VERY busy lately. Here's an abbreviated version of the last MONTH!
We had our ward Christmas party and the kids FINALLY got to sit on Santa's lap. Mylee (of all people) was afraid of Santa. Maybe it was his moustache that frightened her!!!
Mylee was perfectly happy a few minutes before that playing with her best buddie Sadie. Sadie and Mylee are almost the same size...and Mylee is about 8 months younger.



Then came Christmas Eve. We spend Christmas Eve with Jeff's parents. They have a tradition of having BBQ'd hamburgers for their Christmas Eve dinner and I think out of the 4 or 5 Christmas Eve's we have spent with them the BBQ ran out of propane. You would think they would learn from previous years. Well, this year they checked it in the afternoon and sure enough it was out of propane. So we thought we would be good to go?!? Nope, something was wrong with the BBQ this time and it wouldn't cook them at all. So out came the George Foreman! What is Christmas Eve without new PJ's!

Jaden wrote this letter to Santa with her cookies she left for him. If you can't read it, it says:
Dear Santa,
I hope you like the cookies. Thanks for stopping at our house! Jaden
(I added Here are some carrots for your reindeer - and she added some pictures of carrots). She had a whole novel of things she wanted to write on her letter but of course her writing got bigger and bigger and she ran out of room! I thought it was cute.

Christmas morning we spent at our house by ourselves again and it was REALLY nice and relaxed. The kids actually got to play with their toys on Christmas Day instead of rushing from Grandma's house to Grandma's house.

Here's Cody and his stash of presents.
And Jaden with her stash of presents.
I didn't get a picture of Mylee and her presents...probably because she only got one or two...she just liked the wrapping paper.
Jeff surprised me with a Wii for Christmas and we have had lots of fun playing Mario Kart, Mario Party and other games.
We went toboganning one day and Mylee looked so cute bundled up in her new snow suit. I had so many layers on her I don't think she could put her arms down if she tried.
The week of New Year's Brandon and Candice were up so we spent a lot of time with them. I snapped this picture of Luke and Mylee while Brandon was trying to jump up and surprise them to make them laugh. They are at such a fun age. I want Mylee to stay this little forever.
New Year's Eve we spent with my siblings and had a little party. I felt bad for some of my friends who invited us to their parties but we were committed already to spending it with my family as we didn't see any of my family during Christmas (because they were all other places...my parents in Utah at my sister's, Brandon and Candice at Candice's parents, and Justin and Leah in Ontario at Leah's parents).
New Year's Day we did our annual Chinese Food dinner (without kids except Luke and Mylee). Luke was a marionette (sp?) with chopsticks. Still no smile...he's so serious all the time! What a cutie!
Mylee is at such a fun stage and I want her to freeze right here. She got 2 more teeth (almost 3), a 3rd on the bottom and 1st one on top. WEIRD! At least it's not like Jaden where she got her top fangs shortly before her top front teeth. She is getting really close to crawling. Right now she is army crawling and getting places pretty fast. She also gets on her hands and knees and tries to push off but ends up doing a bit of a face plant. Here's her newest stunt...



She's going to be doing somersaults before she learns to crawl or walk!!! She puts her head on the ground and does a little bridge. She's been doing this for a long time now.

Also, our ward split AGAIN the last week of December. We are going to miss our friends from Chaparral but are excited to make new friends from Auburn Bay. Also, I got called to be the Young Women's president so that is why I have been EXTREMELY busy lately.

6 comments:

Proud Momma said...

Your kids are getting so big! Congrats on the new calling, you'll be fabulous of course!

Susie said...

I gotta see that Spidey in action. I love Mylee sledding and her new moves. Seriously freezing is mostly a good idea. Except I can't wait to send Sadie off to play with Mylee. I think that is like the first time I have seen your face & Jeff's on the blog looking good

The Bullknitter said...

Erica and I are thrilled with our new YW pres.

CGibb said...

I think that picture with Santa is the first time I have seen Mylee without a smile on her face. She's going to be crawling in no time. Love the "bridge" she does.

Alysha Sladek said...

congrats on the calling! yw's would be so much fun. love all the pictures. sounds like a great time. i wish the kids would stay little longer too. it goes way too fast!

Brian and Emily said...

Cute pictures! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas and New Years! Mylee is so cute and growing so fast! I am 30 weeks and counting down....time seems to move so slow when you have less than 2 months of pregnancy left!