Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Something unusual happend today...

I battled with fighting kids all morning and put kids in time out after time out for hitting and screaming at each other. I told Jaden to go play quietly in her room and Cody to go do something quietly by himself because I had had enough yelling at them. They just needed to get out of my face or I was going to lose it. The fighting is not the unusual part. My kids have their moments and fight here and there...okay, they fight quite a bit. The unusual part is, I sat down to the computer to get some of my typing done. Cody was bugging me and I sat him down on the couch and told him if he let me type 4 more letters then we could go make some lunch. He agreed and after I typed 4 letters I turned around to say something to him and found this:
...at 11:45 am. It's not like he woke up super early. He must have been worn out from a "hard basketball game" (or should I say fighting with his sister)! He ended up having a quick power nap and was good to go for the rest of the day. Needless to say, I typed a little longer until I couldn't stand it and HAD to grab my camera before the moment was lost.At the same time I heard Jaden singing and humming away in her room so I went to check on her and found this:
She was playing so nicely by herself. I wish I hadn't interrupted her because after this she followed me back into the bonus room and wanted to watch TV. It's not very often that they play quietly with toys. I made sure that I praised her for playing nicely by herself with her toys as it gives mom a nice break.

On another note, I haven't mentioned too much about being pregnant on here. It's not that I'm not excited, I just never tell people I'm pregnant until I'm about half way, because I think the pregnancy goes by faster when no one knows. So...1 more week tomorrow until my due date. I'm determined to have this baby early so I think I'm going to try Castor oil tomorrow after my doctor's appointment. Any other suggestions? With my luck it probably won't work as I was late with both my other kids. But it's worth a try right? Stay tuned......

6 comments:

Brian and Emily said...

I have tried castor oil and I'll admit I don't think I will ever do it again! When I about it read further it wasn't the best thing for a woman wanting a v-bac to try! From what I read it can give you very hard contractions suddenly that might not help you progress! I just decided after my c-section that I would let my babies come when they were good and ready! And they have! Good luck Allaina you'll have that baby soon, I just know it!

tlr said...

oh don't you love those moments, after the fighting and the screaming!
I love M/W/F afternoons just me and M, get to hang out while the other is at school and one is in bed!

Proud Momma said...

You have to drink the caster oil and follow it up 2 hours later with a fleet enima! That makes it a sure thing! Drew was out 2 hours after I did that so be prepared!

The Currie's said...

Hey if you need some oil call me. I still have some . I hope that you do have your baby. I can't wait for mine.
gail

Oler Family said...

SOOOOOO CUTE! There is nothing better than a sleeping child! Cody looks so cute in his little basketball outfit! How sweet is Jaden? She looks so much older with her hair cut! I'm so jealous that you only have one more week to go! You need to ask your doctor to strip your membrane. It works EVERY time for me! Good luck!

Proud Momma said...

Allaina you forgot to do the enima! Seriously, that will work!