As always, long weekends are never long enough. The kids LOVE having Jeff at home for more than Saturday and Sunday. (Well, pretty much just Saturday because he always has 2 meetings on Sundays and then church). On Saturday we went to Sundance Lake with Ben and Allison and some of her family. Then right we headed out to Elbow Valley where my parents are building a new house. We took the kids bikes out there and picked up some KFC chicken and had a picnic with Grandma and Grandpa. There are lots of cute little paths and parks around the neighborhood with picnic tables. The kids had fun playing at the park and riding their bikes. The streets aren't very busy out there so they could ride on the road. Here's some pictures of them on their bikes:

On Monday we headed out to Calaway Park. They kids were so excited to go, even though it was REALLY busy. They didn't make it on too many rides because the lines were long but it's always fun to pack a lunch and go. And this time daddy could come.
Cody is getting good at driving the bumper cars. And he doesn't get embarassed about it either like last year. He's so shy that last year when I praised him when he understood how to make the car move, he started crying and they had to stop the ride so I could go get him out of the car.
We met Tammy and her kids out there. Here's Sadie, Jaden and Kailey on the swinging airplane.
And the boys. You can't really tell, but it is Jordan behind the dog on the front, Carson with the white shirt and hat on, and Cody with the black sweater on. They love this ride!
Here there are waiting in line. That's Parker in the yellow. We also met Ben and Allison and kids there.
Best buddies. Jaden had to call Sadie up to tell her what to wear so they could be twins.
All the kids except for Carson as he was too big for this ride.
So, an update on me...still no baby. It's my due date TODAY. I took Castor oil last Thursday and I started getting contractions a couple of hours later. I took the kids out for a walk with their bikes and walked to my friend April's house (who happens to be a labor and delivery nurse). The kids played with her kids for a bit and then we walked back. By the time I got back, my contractions were about 2-3 minutes apart and I called Jeff to leave work a few minutes early so he didn't get caught in rush hour traffic. My labors are fast and I didn't want it to hit me really fast and have to drive myself to the hospital, and find a place for the kids to go. Jeff got home, we ate sandwiches for dinner, and then my mom came over to watch the kids. As soon as my mom got here, everything STOPPED. We walked again for another hour to try and keep things going, but nothing started up again. My mom spent the night just in case I had to go to the hospital in the middle of the night, but NOTHING. And, STILL NOTHING. I have a doctor's appointment today and I'm curious to see if my 3 hours of contractions helped me progress. Hopefully next time I blog I will have some pictures of a new baby!!!
5 comments:
I am so excited for you to have your baby Allaina! It will happen and then you will be able to enjoy the summer, pregnancy free! I hope everything goes well with delivery....I'm sure it won't be long now! Good luck...thinking of you!
What a fun weekend. I love Calaway Park. Too bad about your contractions stopping. The same thing keeps happening to my friend here too....so frustrating! Good luck with everything. I can't wait to see some pictures of baby #3!
I was thinking about you this weekend .I sure hope that you have the baby soon. The last weeks go by so slow.Looks like you guys had a great time . Wyatt can't wait until he can go to Calaway Park.
gail
Good luck! Are there new rids at Caloway? That boat looked new? I love ELbow Valley...it's my dream place to live in Calgary if we ever move back!
I'll be the first to congratulate you on HAVING your baby on the world wide web. CONGRATULATIONS. Baby Luke can't wait to meet his younger cousin so he can teach her how to water ski this summer :)
Post a Comment