Friday, May 23, 2008

...and then there were 5.

How on earth does this....
.... fit into this?
It amazes me everytime I see a newborn baby.
So, on to the details....
I was due on Wednesday (May 21). I had taken Castor oil the previous Thursday and went into false labor. I was curious to see if it made me progress and sure enough when I went to my doctor's appointment on Wednesday, I was dilated to a 3-4. My doctor rimmed my cervix again for the 3rd time and we were hoping that would do the trick. If not, they weren't going to induce me until June 1st. So I came home and made the magic potion again and drank it at about 2:30 or 3:00. I started getting some mild cramping around 5:00. It was my sister-in-law Angela's birthday so we were headed to Hudson's house for dinner and I arrived there at about 5:40. Jeff met me there and asked me how I was doing and I told him that were probably going to have a baby that night and my bags were packed and in the car ready to go. I said hi to everyone and then all of a sudden I started getting hard contractions. I told Jeff we needed to go and he was surprised because he thought we were going to be able to have dinner and visit before we had to go in. We get in the car at about 5:50-6:00 and it was practically one continuous contraction until we got to the hospital (after running a couple red lights to get us there quicker).

When we drove up to the ER there were two paramedics standing there and they saw me breathing heavy in the car so they ran and got me a wheelchair. They took me up and put me right into a delivery room while Jeff went and parked the car. The nurse checked me right away and I was 7 cm dilated. I told her I felt like I had to push and they checked me again 1 minute later and I was ready. So the doctor proceeded to "suit up" just as Jeff walked in the room. I pushed a couple times and out came a baby! She was born at 6:22pm after being at the hospital for 10 minutes. I think my labor was a TOTAL of 40 minutes. It was the most intense labor ever but at least it was over VERY quickly.

We have a baby girl named Mylee Jane Hudson and she weighed 7lb 13oz. (Thank goodness she wasn't a 12 pounder like I was thinking I was going to have. Each time they have gotten a little smaller).

10 comments:

tlr said...

Congrats on the new little baby girl Mylee. Very cute. Sounds a little like me the last 10 minutes of your story, I totally thought C was going to be at least 10lbs and was only 7 lbs 12 ozs, I was hoping for the 13 ozs because the other 2 were 8 13 (j) and 9 13 (m), so it would have been easier to remember!
You are looking good but only 10 minutes of pushing helps that!

CGibb said...

I'm SO happy for your guys. We can't wait to come up and meet Mylee. She's got so much hair!! It's going to be so fun for Luke to have a cousin so close in age!

The Bullknitter said...

Congrats! I knew you were ready when I saw you Sunday. Glad it was quick and she is beautiful. What a cute little knitted hat.

Kristine said...

40 minutes total IS intense. And you barely made it to the hospital. Congratulations! I love the name Mylee Jane.

Proud Momma said...

That is so exciting...that story made me cry...birth stories always do! I'm a little jealous with the new baby girl...I want another one now! I'm glad the pain and anguish is over Allaina! Enjoy the new one!

Baker Family said...

Congratulations!!! She is beautiful and I love her name. I'm glad to hear that everything when well and quick. Let us know if we can do anything for you guys.

The Currie's said...

Congrats again. She is so cute. I can't wait to meet her. I love her name. I still can't believe how fast she came.

Brian and Emily said...

Yipee, I am so glad you didn't have to wait much longer! I think your body was made to have babies! I can't believe how fast that deliver was! I am sure you were a little shocked too! I am glad that Jeff could make it! Congratulations Allaina, she is such a sweetie pie and you look fabulous!

The Bullknitter said...

Do you have makeup on in those pics???

tlr said...

hey, yup I have that book, it's great, I usually make things a little different or add epicure spices to it, since I own all of them! They are good, my fav is the pizza casserole...How is life with 3 treating you!