The kids were counting down the sleeps to Halloween and they had a blast. They are still eating their candy as fast as they can and it seems like they have hardly put a dent in it because they got so much in the short time they went out trick-or-treating.
Jaden dressed up as 3 different things this year. The first night was my sister's ward party and she wanted to be a princess so here she is Cinderella. (And of course Cody the Monkey). She won a prize for the best princess costume.
For our ward party Jaden was a witch. It was an annoying costume for her because her hat and wig kept falling off. She was so concerned when they were picking the best costume because her wig and hat weren't sitting right. So I had to fix it so she could be ready to win another prize for best costume. Unfortunately she didn't win.
Are these not pure Canadian Halloween costumes. Jaden chose the owl to trick-or-treat in because it was warmest. She looked cute no matter what she was dressed in!
So, thanks to my sister, she gave us the idea to make chocolate milk in sippie cups and put them in the fridge and put TV on treehouse so on Saturday morning the kids would wake up and go downstairs to get their sippie cups and just turn the TV on to watch for a bit without waking us up. It worked like a charm on Saturday. We got to sleep in until 9...except when they did wake up, Jaden turned the volume up on the TV so loud it woke us up and I had to yell at her to turn it down. Then Sunday because we had an extra hour sleep with daylight savings time we did the same thing! Then this morning, I was fully expecting them to come into my room to wake me up but instead I woke up to the pantry door opening and closing a few times. I go downstairs and Jaden is up on the counter trying to make her and Cody some chocolate milk by herself so they didn't have to wake me up! I'm glad I went down when I did because I'm sure I would have came downstairs to milk all over the floor and a huge mess to clean up! I'm loving that my kids are old enought and not so dependant on me anymore! Why wreck that and have more kids?!?
5 comments:
you totally look like your sis in that pic of you and Jeff. there was WAY too much candy, but my kids don't even ask for it. Have you heard about the halloween fairy? Some people have that going to get rid of the candy in the house.
My kids get up every morning and go downstairs until 8 if they are up before us and watch tv for a bit before breakfast time. I love it! How is the house selling going?
I thought you and Jeff dressed up as Weird Al Yankovich and Olivia Newton John. Great costumes.
These are great Halloween shots Allaina! I am glad you and Jeff dressed up, it is so much more fun to feel like a kid too....and hey you guys look great!!! Brian wore some pretty scary tight pants for Halloween too, you know it's bad when someone comes up to him asking if he is a "Gay Cowboy!" Hilarious. Looks like your kids had fun anyway!
later
I love yours and Jeff's costumes. you guys are soo creative. I will definetly need to try the milk trick. I'll need to find something different b/c Tylee doesn't really like choc. milk.
You've been tagged, check out my blog for rules.
You and Jeff look awesome, btw.
Post a Comment