Seven years ago, I had a sweet baby boy. A couple weeks later we moved back to Calgary (we were living in Lethbridge at the time), and I started doing transcription from home. All when Cody was only a few weeks old. Life has just gotten busier and time flies because of it.
I love this kid to pieces. He melts my heart when I look at him with those big eyes and long eyelashes. Although he gives me a run for my money, he can be a pretty sweet kid. He is growing up too fast and is almost passing his older sister in height.
This kid is going to have all the girls after him. I have had one dad come up to me and say, "I'm watching your son...my daughter comes home from school and says some really nice things about him!"
We were on our cruise for Cody's actual birthday and throwing a friends party was the last thing on my list of things to do when I got back. A week later Cody asked me when his friend's party was. I told him I wanted to keep it low key and maybe he could pick a few good friends and we could go to the movie theater and or to dinner or something. His replay was, "or we could just have a movie here."
DONE! GREAT IDEA!
We got carpet installed in our basement on a Tuesday and his party was that weekend. It was the best party I have thrown.
We had a movie theme.
He invited 10 friends.
We had pizza.
Then we had our "popcorn" cupcakes. Thanks to Melanie for the idea. I just need to learn how to use my camera!
I borrowed my dad's popcorn machine, one of those theater-style popcorn poppers on the trolley. The kids sat on the floor because we hadn't moved furniture down there yet, and ate their popcorn and watched Puss in Boots (just released on DVD that day) projected on a white sheet on the wall.
I didn't have to entertain them, I didn't hear a peep out of them for an hour and a half, and I had the kitchen cleaned before the guests went home. Oh, and I visited with my friend for half the party!
We opened presents and still had 15 minutes to spare so we had a dance party. I filled the kids up with junk food, and I sent them all home sweaty and worn out. Seriously the best kids birthday party anyone could throw. Did I mention it was a cheap birthday party to throw too?!? Crossing my fingers Jaden will want to do the same thing, but now we have furniture in our basement.
2 comments:
10 kids is a FEW friends? I'd hate to see a real friends party! Good job though! Loved the cupcakes and you must be loving your basement!
happy birthday!!
what a fun party. those are the best. we did one like that for ella and it was perfect. your cupcakes turned out MUCH better than mine ;)
Post a Comment