Here is the basement before and after pictures.
We had a door at the top of the stairs and we ripped that out to have it open. We lifted the entry way up higher and it makes it feel so much bigger. I love it and I am glad we did it that way. I don't really have an after picture, but just imagine a wider, taller entry way than a door!
Bottom of the stairs, door to the mechanical/storage room.
This picture was taken as we were in the process of cleaning everything out. We already had TONS of stuff removed from the basement. I can't believe how much STUFF we had down there. It is all sitting in the garage right now and I'm tempted to just throw it away because we haven't needed it for the last two months anyway!
Under those little pot lights (where the lower ceiling is) is where I am going to move my office to, that will make an "L" and go under the window. Does anyone else have more than one computer in their house? The kids have to check their teacher's blogs and D2L every day and sometimes do some homework on the computer, so I find we are often competing for computer time...especially when I have work to do. So we will have enough workspace for two computers (and a laptop) as well as table space for crafting...not that I do much of that.
This is a picture of under our kitchen nook...now a big toy/storage closet!
(Toy Closet behind those double doors on the left) TV is going under the window.
The black plumbing pipes on the left is now a bathroom with some shelves for linens.
And this is just the hall that leads to the open play room/office with the "under the stairs" storage on the left and bathroom on the right.
Carpet just went in today and now I am second guessing my paint choice. It doesn't show it too badly in these pictures but it looks a little pink. BUT, I'm not changing it...I'll just have to get used to it.
We decided to not do a room in the basement because it would have given us a decent size room and a tiny rec/play room. So instead we are moving my office/TV/Toy room down here into one big room and turning out bonus room into another bedroom. It will be a big room for the girls to share and then we will have a spare bedroom. (Or a room to lock the kids in to do their homework!!!)
There are still some finishing touches to do like add the sink in the vanity, install the toilet, we have a little strip to paint above the tile in the bathroom/tub, and then we need to put the shelving in the linen closet and toy closet. THEN WE ARE COMPLETELY DONE!!!
5 comments:
It looks great! I hear you on the carpet/paint issue. I doubt my carpet choice about 10 times a day - depending on the lighting. But I told myself when we moved in I wouldn't nit pick my house apart. So, I'm trying not to notice it so much.
Looks awesome Allaina. That will give you some nice added space. Where did you get your carpet? We want to recarpet our place and are just getting estimates.
looks great. you'll love having all that extra space!
Looks Great Allaina, so exciting to have more space!
don't you dare put it up for sale. ha ha. my kids won't know what to think, a basement thats finished, what for?? it does look great, i'll be over to see soon.
Post a Comment