What a busy and exciting couple of months we have had. Christmas time is always crazy. I have two MAJOR things occupying a lot of my time. One is primary...getting ready for a new year in primary is busy. I have 20 little sunbeams this year...they are so adorable! (Of course they are...one of them is my baby!) The other thing occupying my time (on top of my regular transcription hours and being a mom) is we started the end of November developing our basement. We are nearing the end. We pretty much have flooring left to do and that is it! I cannot wait to have that extra space!
So I'll try to sum up the last little while.
We were setting up the Christmas tree when we heard a fire truck drive by our house. We didn't think anything of it and then Jaden started frantically yelling for us to come look out the bonus room window. The neighbors trailer was in flames as tall as the houses. It was exciting to watch it from our window. They blocked off our street and wouldn't let anyone walk closer because of the propane tanks attached to the trailer but we had a pretty good view from the window.
A couple days later Jaden was walking home from the neighbors house and she heard some kids saying "get out of the house or we will die". She heard their smoke alarm going off. She ran in the house and told me so I walked outside to see if I could help these kids...but sure enough a few minutes later the fire trucks came roaring down our street again. Thankfully it wasn't anything, or at least I don't think it was anything.
Mylee has been taking a dance class. I can't say she loves it, but she was sure excited for me to come watch the one day they had an open class. I don't think we will continue with dance as some days it has been a struggle to get her there, but she sure makes a cute ballerina!
The only thing that gets her to dance is her friends!!!
The grade 1/2 classes did a little Christmas concert at school...How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Cody didn't have a major role, just had to sing some songs. He didn't know all the words but it was nice to see him sing a few of the words he knew! He is not a singer....
We had Christmas parties to go to...this was at Jeff's work kids party. Usually they put on a pretty good party but I wasn't too impressed this year.
And they had the same creepy looking Santa AGAIN! You can't see him very good in this picture but he does not look like your typical santa!
I have been terrible at remembering to bring my camera places. I forgot it Christmas Eve at Jeff's parents house. The kids looked so cute acting out the nativity and opening up their new jammies. Here's Christmas morning....
Jaden really wanted a pink guitar with hearts on it (very specific)...
Cody asked for a Ripstik...
And Mylee asked for Littlest Pet Shops (easy girl to please)...
Jaden also REALLY wanted a PINK Phoenix Suns jersey...(like I said...VERY specific) luckily I had this fall into my hands! Steve Nash it is...I think Auntie Angela is super jealous of this jersey!
And we were lucky to go to church on Christmas. The ONE time I was glad we had 1:00pm church! It was really nice to go to church on Christmas and remember the Savior's birth and what Christmas is all about. (Looking at this picture I just realized how tall Cody is getting...he is catching up to his older sister really quickly!!!)
I will post pictures of our basement soon. I would like to show before and after photos. We still have to order the carpet which will probably take a few weeks so it probably won't be before we cruise the Caribbean on this baby.....
LOTS TO LOOK FORWARD TO!!!!!

2 comments:
I seriously can't believe how tall your kids are getting, I mean, I guess I can given their parents, but serisouly. . . they are probably as tall as ME!
Sounds like you are keeping busy!! Hope you have a blast on your cruise, are you going with all your kids or just getting away with JEff! Have fun Allaina, miss ya!
you have been busy! and i can't imagine being incharge of getting primary ready. yikes! good luck with that.
your kids are so cute and growing up so fast!
have fun on your cruise. so jealous!
Post a Comment