I really don't have too much to report. Since my last post we have been busy as usual. We had Jaden's Rockn' Roll Party. All the girls loved decorating their own guitars and singing to Karaoke. It was quite fun to watch them all "rock out"! It was nice that day (back in April) and the girls loved just jumping on the trampoline together as well. 
Cody and I have been doing a mom-swapped preschool this year. It has worked out really well. We are down to the end of things so all the mom's have decided to plan a "field trip" somehwere. Our first one was to the Bernard Callibeaut Chocolate Factory. I think Cody was expecting something like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...not quite as exciting! The tour was quick and painless for the 11 kids we had 5 and under. We did see a LOT of chocolate...milk, dark, and white.
The best part was the Callibeaut chocolate bunny sucker at the end! The mom's got a little taste as well!
Last week I had the opportunity to volunteer with Jaden's field trip to Fort Calgary for school. I had never been there. She loved it and made a comment how she wished every day they could have a field trip.
She got to try on all sorts of costumes and Mounty hats as well as build a log cabin. I think the highlight was at lunch time when they went outside to throw rocks in the river. There was this little pier type thing with a railing that they stood on to throw rocks off of and there were a couple of park benches to sit on. One of which was occupied by a homeless person having an afternoon nap. The kids were so oblivious to this man sleeping on the bench and went on playing around him, screaming and having fun.
We have spent the last couple days outside enjoying the weather. I have started running. Anyone care to join me? The last couple nights I have gone with Susie but we would love some more company to make the time go by faster!!! It makes for a night of socializing while working out!!!!
We are excited for the long weekend. We are planning on FINALLY putting up a fence. Both our neighbors are renters and therefore it has been trouble trying to convince the landlords to put up a fence. We have offered to do all the work, we just would like to have them pitch in for the cost. We have gotten the OK from both sides but who knows if they will end up paying for it in the end. We will go ahead with it anyways and cross our fingers that we have some nice neighbors. I am so ready to have my own backyard with some privacy!
5 comments:
I would love to be your running partner if I lived close. I don't have many options out here on the farm. Looks like your kids have had some fun field trips. I think I need to go on a tour of the chocolate factory.
what a busy mom you are!! jaden's birthday looks like a hit! such a cute idea.
I would love to join you BUT haven't run in 14 years. I would need to train just so I wasn't horribly embarassed. I strangely have had the desire to start back into it....but that's all it's amounted to (is an idea). I think you are a great Mom. Organizing such fun for your cute kidlets.
Wow, what a fun birthday party Allaina! Looks like it was a blast! Now I have an idea for working out! Come play basketball on Wed. in Lethbridge. HA HA! I know that is nearly impossible, but hey wouldn't it be fun, just like old times!!! We have a great bunch of girls that come and it is really competitive, just like I like it! Am I old if I ache like an old woman while I am playing? Who cares, I guess. . . .it is sooooo much fun!
I'd run with you! YAY, for Susie for getting out and running already... That's motivation!
Post a Comment