Saturday, September 19, 2009

Busy Bee's

To conclude our busy summer, our good friends the Tanner's invited us out to Echo Lake in Montana for the September long weekend. It was so good to visit with them and we had a great time catching up.
They have all sorts of things to do at their cabin. The weather wasn't great so we didn't spend much time in the water. The kids loved riding on the quads as it is something that haven't really done too much of. They had this pink one that Jaden HAD to ride every time. Doesn't daddy look good on pink?
Our kids get along so well with the Tanner kids. Even though they live in Lethbridge and we don't see them very often, when our kids get together it is like they have never lived a day apart. Which for Cody is kinda funny because he is so shy and he takes a bit to warm up to even the kids in his primary class. Cody and Mason had a great time together and I'm sure Mason was in heaven for a boy to play with as it seems all the friends and family they have for him are all girls.
Mylee was really excited about watching daddy cook s'mores!
When I say luxury, I mean they even have a Wii and PS3 and the kids LOVED playing Rockband 2.
Next door to the Tanner's cabin is my really good friend Emily's parents place. It was so good to visit with Emily as I haven't seen her for ages. She still looks as good as she did before she had 5 kids!
We are back to the grind, back to school, and back to our routines. I have been putting Cody to work helping me out around the house.
and because it has been so nice this month, we have been spending a lot of days at the park and trying to be outside. I have been behind in my typing until today. My kids are growing up way too fast and I don't want to miss any of it!


2 comments:

Oler Family said...

i love the picture of mylee playing rock band! you guys have had a busy summer...isn't it sad to see it go?

Brian and Emily said...

I can't believe it, I made your blog!!! Thanks for posting that picture. I too feel that you are a dear friend even though we haven't been able to see each other much over the past 10 years, it always feels so natural and easy, just like we've never spent a day apart. I'll call you soon and we'll get together when I come up to my Mom's!