I just wanted to quickly post this picture. This was taken at Jeff's sister Julie and Spencer's wedding. It's not very often that we get dressed up for a family picture, so I'm quite proud of this one...no kids are crying or making funny faces, just squinting from the bright sun and shadows on our faces!!!I've had a very eventful last couple of weeks. Because of the wedding Jeff's whole family was in Calgary but his parents have had major renovations going on at their house, so most of the family ended up sleeping in my basement at one point in time...matresses all over the floor. We made three trips down to Cardston in one week. On Wednesday August 23rd we went down for Julie and Steven (the twins) to go through the temple for the first time. I also went to visit my Grandpa as he was not doing well. Then Friday the 25th my Grandpa passed away, Saturday the 26th was Julie's wedding (in Cardston), Sunday the 27th was Steven's missionary farewell, then Tuesday the 30th we had to head back down to Cardston for the family viewing and funeral. The wedding was really nice and my mother-in-law did an amazing job at putting that wedding together in pretty much two weeks...the rest of the weeks they were on the Church History tour or at the cabin. The funeral was really nice as well. It was more of a celebration of his life and all of his accomplishments and service that he gave. He has been going downhill for about 7 years now so it was a blessing for him to go. He truely was an amazing man. He did a lot of service for the Remington Carriage Centre down there so as a donation they carried his casket out of town by horse and carriage. It was so amazing to see and I was very proud.
We went back out to the cabin for the September long weekend to help Jeff's parents build a dock. They worked long and hard hours and it is still not done. But it was nice and hot and always good to get out of town.
Anyways, holidays are over, family has gone home, my house is a disaster from all the company, and I have a lot of work to do. Back to reality!!! I'll post more pictures of the wedding later...I have some cute ones!
1 comment:
very nice pics, sounds like you have been really busy. hope things are good and we will chat soon...
Post a Comment