Sunday came along and the clouds scattered away. Finally we got some sunshine! We wanted to go to 9:00 church to get it over with but the 9:00 church was the Samoan ward. So we went anyways! We were THE ONLY WHITE PEOPLE in there. The bishop got up to conduct and we couldn't understand a single word except for TALOFA - like saying Aloha! Then he says in English (looking right at us) that church is conducted in Samoan but the spirit is still the same. We nodded our heads and continued on to sing the hymns in Samoan with everyone else. It was fast Sunday and a lot of the testimonies ended up being in English anyways (which maybe they did that because we were there) but every single person that got up to the microphone said "Brothers and Sisters, Talofa!" and everyone in the congregation would say Talofa back.
The last couple of days we spent laying by the pool and reading,
snorkling and swimming with more sea turtles,
I had such a great time with my sisters and my parents. Ten days wasn't too long (at least when I could talk to my family on Skype every day)! I could've stayed a little longer but I did feel really guilty that my kids were freezing at school. I did miss my husband and kids a ton and was excited to get home to them. But I can't wait to take them all to Hawaii one day!
3 comments:
GORGEOUS sunsets!!! so beautiful!!
Sounds like such a great trip!
so jealous! Love the sunsets, I wish there were more sun here!!
Sounds like a lot of fun and being able to read a book with no distractions...lovely!
Post a Comment