Monday, February 22, 2010

Lazy

I have been lazy at taking the time to get the pictures off my camera, therefore not blogging. So, here's another month in review!

My little man celebrated his 5th birthday. Yes, he is only 5. He gets that ALL the time. "What? You're only 5? You are tall for a 5-year-old!" With Cody having his birthday in February he could have been in kindergarten this year but I am SOOOOO glad I didn't put him in. He would have been the youngest in his grade. We have had a lot of fun this last school year and I am so glad I had another year to keep him home with me. What's the rush? One of my thoughts was he is already a head taller than most kids his age, if I keep him back a year will he be 2 heads taller than his grade?!? This kid is growing like a weed. He is always complaining that his legs ache. Sometimes it is to get out of cleaning his room or brushing his teeth but when he wakes up in the middle of the night crawling to my room, I know that his legs really do hurt. I guess he has no hope in being short...look at his parents!

Cody's birthday was a week-long event. We started off with a family celebration at my mom's after church one Sunday. We had both families over to my parents new house for dinner, cake and ice cream. (Mylee and Luke eating dinner together...wait is that is not dinner on Luke's face...is that Nutella!!! Mylee got the raw end of the deal that day! - Just buggin' Candice!)
Then for the "actual" birthday we took our kids to Chuck E. Cheese. They were so excited for this night. Mylee just liked to sit in the cars and steal other kids tickets when they came out of the machines!


Then he had a little friends party. We went to the church to play different sports and then went back to our house for pizza, cake and presents. Seriously the EASIEST birthday party ever!
The basketball game. (I hate how yellow these pictures are!)
The Cake
I just had to add this picture. I love this girl to death! Even if her hair is always messy and in her face, she is dirty head to toe, she is in to EVERYTHING (licking dirty dishes out of the dishwasher), and wears Jaden's underwear on top of her diaper and onesie. (Yes, she puts them on herself)

But she cleans up pretty good and can look pretty darn cute!

3 comments:

Kristy Tanner said...

Seriously Hennessy does the underwear thing too and she has forever!! Then she puts a pair on her head to top it off. These third kids are trouble!!

Alysha Sladek said...

your kids are so cute and growing up so fast. i can't believe how big mylee is now!! crazy! cute cake!

CGibb said...

By that point in time I was just glad he was getting something in his body other than pop. I LOVE the picture of Mylee in Jaden's underwear. What a character that girl is.