Thursday, May 28, 2009

May Long Weekend

I'm slowly getting caught up! The Saturday before the long weekend Cody was really sick. He was throwing up and VERY lethargic. The throwing up only lasted a day but he was still sick for a couple days after that and just didn't have very much energy. He got better so we continued on with our plans to go out to Shuswap for the long weekend. We were supposed to leave on Thursday morning and come home Monday of the long weekend. Well, Wednesday morning we woke up to Mylee puking. I have never seen a baby sleep so much in my life. For all of Wednesday I think she was awake for a total of a couple hours. She could not keep anything down longer than 10 minutes. We debated on even going. Thursday morning she woke up at 5am and was TOTALLY awake and happy. So we thought it was just a 24-hour bug and she was good to travel. She ended up throwing up in the car on the way out but I believe that it was due to coughing so hard. She was fine the rest of the day. This picture was as we went up the lake and arrived at the cabin. Luke of course HAD to drive the boat by HIMSELF!!! No one else was allowed to touch the steering wheel.
Mylee was happy the next day (Friday), but still not totally 100% herself. She had to sneak some driving time by herself!The weather was overcast most of the time, but Friday the sun shone for at least the afternoon...enough for my brother to get fried! Jaden thought it was summer and on Friday she suited up and ran down the beach and jumped in the lake. I'm sure she was taken by surprise how FREEZING COLD the water was. I wasn't down at the beach when she did this otherwise I would have caught it on tape for sure. Cody had his swim suit on as well and when he put his toes in the water he decided to be smart and not go in the water. I'm glad he didn't because he has no fat on his body to keep him warm. He would have froze for sure!
Here's Luke and Mylee watching their Baby Einstein movie. It was pretty cute. I hope these two are good friends when they get older. They are so close in age.
Saturday was overcast and Mylee threw up again two times. I HATE puke! I do not handle it very well. I gag right along with them! All she had eaten the last few days was Gatorade so thankfully it wasn't too gross! Sunday morning we woke up to her throwing up again. Aghhh this sickness is never ending. She was really lethargic again on Sunday and she just wanted to be snuggled. So I snapped a picture of Mylee snuggling Grandma!

It was a pretty nice relaxing weekend besides the sick kids, but at least I had a husband there to help me out.

1 comment:

Carla McDaniel said...

throwing up...not so much fun, but at least you got to get away and still manage to have a nice time together.