Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Mommy's Little Helper(s)

Cody LOVES to do the dishes. Well, mostly he likes to play in the water and bubbles. But he does take the scrub brush and scrub dishes while he is playing. These pictures were taken back in March but tonight as I was trying to make dinner he wanted to wash some dishes and it reminded me that I hadn't posted these pictures. Cody hasn't been napping for quite some time but it seems like lately he has needed that extra bit of sleep. He will fight me on going down for a nap but when 5 o'clock rolls around it never fails...he falls asleep. So, letting him do the dishes will occupy him at that time so that I can make dinner because that is his tired time and he usually wants me to hold him and he's cranky.

The other day Jaden came up with the idea of a chart and every time they do something good like share, eat their dinner all gone, or help me with a chore or something, they get to put a sticker on their chart. If they do something bad they get to draw an "X" on their chart. I was totally up for this and it has worked like a charm. Whenever they are about to do something bad I give them a warning about the "X" and they USUALLY smarten up. I love how she came up with the idea and it works to my advantage!!!! She is devastated if she gets an X.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Skyler loves to "do the dishes" as well, and if I ever leave him on the main floor alone sure enough that is what he is doing, and I get to clean up the mess, but it is not really something that I am prepared to get upset over.

Oler Family said...

My biggest nightmare is Carter growing out of his nap! We have a very similar chart but ours is happy faces and sad faces. If they have more happy faces at the end of the day they get to put some money in their piggy banks. Cody is so adorable, very cute pictures!

Gibber said...

Oh yeah, well baby Luke already loves to vacuum, fold the laundry and take out the garbage and change his own diaper.