So we had an eventful trip to Shuswap last week. To start it off our boat broke down. Well, with a boat access only cabin, that made it a little difficult to get to the cabin. Lukily we had some friends with 2 boats that let us borrow one of theirs. Then we had a little skiing accident where my sister dislocated her hip dock starting. That night was quite eventful trying to get her out of the water, calling an ambulance, and then trying to get her back up to the cabin while she was drugged up. Poor girl. I feel so bad that her holiday was ruined on her first ski of the season...not only that, her waterskiing days may be over. Then the weather ended up kinda crummy where it rained for more than half the days we were there. We had a full house with my whole family minus 2 brother-in-law's so there were 9 adults and 10 grandkids = crazy chaos...especially cooped up inside the cabin while it rained outside. Then I get back to Calgary only to find out it has been 30+ every day here. Other than those mishaps at the cabin, we had a fun time being together as a family. It may have been a stressful holiday but we always create wonderful memories out there. What's going to the cabin without a little adventure at the Gibb cabin?!?
Jaden water skiied again. She didn't go very far before she wiped and didn't want to go again. But then she saw her cousins younger than her go and decided to try again. She went a little further and then wiped and was done for the day. She talks about going again though. The weather got crummy so she didn't end up trying again but maybe next time we go out.
We have spent many days at Calaway Park already and look forward to going more times this summer. Cody is big enough to go on more rides and his favorite is the little rollercoaster. Jaden is counting down the days to go on the big rollercoaster. She loved the rollercoaster rides at Disneyland and I think she will like the big one at Calaway Park too.
In my slide show a few of my favorite pictures to look for are the ones of Jaden skiing, three little boys waiting in line for the little rollercoaster with Weston's hand on Cody's butt, and Jeff and Cody's matching swimsuits!


5 comments:
sounds like an adventure! It's been really hot here, it was nice to have a couple nights that is cooled off a little bit!
we should get together 1 day this summer...let me know!
I hope it wasn't Tamara that dislocated her hip. I love seeing kids waterski.
Was this Jadens first time? I want Wyatt to try but I don't think that he is ready .
Tyler is my cousin. I was a Jacobs in another lifetime. We were at the same reunion. I took Dawn and Tyler's picture. How do you know them?
Good times! I love the pics of the lake with Jeff acting like a BIG kid! I love summer....glad to see that you and your family are enjoying yours!
Post a Comment